Top 5 Ways Foot Massage Helps Diabetic Care
Diabetes affects around 29 million individuals in the United States. As per the American Diabetes Association, 11.8 million seniors (those aged 65 & above) have diabetes, accounting for 25% of the population. November is National Diabetes Month, a chance to learn a little more about the increasingly widespread condition plus how foot massager for diabetics may benefit people with diabetes.
What exactly is Diabetes?
Diabetes mellitus is characterized by high blood sugar levels & an inability to make or use insulin. This disorder comes in numerous forms:
- Type 1 Pancreatic beta cells are destroyed by an autoimmune reaction. Insulin-dependent diabetes & juvenile diabetes are formal terms.
- Type 2
Type 2 diabetes is more frequent than Type 1 diabetes and is characterized by a loss of insulin synthesis or perhaps an inability to use what insulin that body does produce. Diabetes is not insulin-dependent.
- Type 1.5 includes both Type 1 & Type 2 signs & symptoms. It usually influences individuals later in life; some physicians feel that some patients with Form 2 have this type as well.
- Gestational arises when the fetus impairs the mother's capacity to appropriately utilize sugar.
- Insipidus is characterized by renal failure and pituitary gland malfunction.
Causes & Signs of Diabetes
As per the American Diabetes Association, the 2 most prevalent causes of diabetes diseases are obesity & a sedentary lifestyle. Trauma, glandular or genetic malfunction across the body are some of the other factors.
Polyuria, or excessive urine; polydipsia, and excessive thirst; weariness, lethargy, neuropathy, and lower-limb nerve affectation; &paresthesia, or even burning as well as prickling feeling, are the most prevalent indications & symptoms. Heart & vascular diseases, tooth disease, amputations, renal illness, visual problems, & immobility are the most prevalent sequelae.
Standard Diabetes Treatment
Among the most prevalent diabetes treatment alternatives are indeed the following medications:
- Metformin: Reduces the quantity of glucose produced by the liver. Bloating, gas, diarrhea, nausea, & renal & liver failure are all common adverse effects.
- Sulfonylureas: This type of medication is known to boost insulin secretion from the pancreas. Skin rash, Low blood sugar, irritability, & nausea are all common adverse effects.
- Prandin & Starlix: Both promote insulin secretion from the pancreas. Low blood sugar is a common adverse effect.
- DPP-4 Inhibitors: Reduce blood sugar levels. Common side effects include: Infections of the lungs
- Alpha-Glucosidase Inhibitors: It helps with slow carbohydrate breakdown and absorption during digestion. The most common adverse effects include stomach discomfort, nausea, diarrhea, & gas.
- Pancreatic transplantation from pigs: Pig insulin is nearly equivalent to human insulin.
Massage Benefits for Diabetic Patients1. Improves circulation
Because of our sedentary lifestyle, we have grown accustomed to not using our muscles regularly. The tissues in the foot are rarely used, and circulation is usually hindered by tight and uncomfortable shoes. A 10 to 20 mins foot massager for diabetes session before bed may greatly improve circulation in the lower limbs, which is especially important for diabetics.2. Helps in the treatment of headaches & migraines.
People that suffer from migraines & headaches improved considerably after having reflexology therapies, as per Danish research. The test subjects stopped taking their prescriptions, and three months later, sixty-five percent of them had reduced symptoms, with just a small percentage having been cured.
It is thought that people who received reflexology treatments from the finest foot massager for diabetes were able to make additional healthy lifestyle modifications, which could have contributed to their outstanding outcomes.3. Lowers blood pressure
In recent years, both men and women have experienced an increase in blood pressure. It may even be caused by a range of things, such as stress and a bad diet, but in other cases, there is no clear cause, and it is assumed to be the result of environmental and inherited factors.
A study of healthcare professionals who engage with elderly people suffering from dementia – a physically & mentally taxing job – discovered that a 10-minute foot massage visit three times each week resulted in increased mood, reduced anxiety, as well as lower blood pressure. If you really want to purchase the finest foot massager for diabetes, foot log has the appropriate device for you.4. Helps in the treatment of flat feet & plantar fasciitis.
Flat feet suffer from a lack of a correct foot arch as a result of ligament laxity, leading the arches to collapse. Though it might not have a substantial impact, some persons experience foot pain after even mild physical activity due to flat feet.
Chronic heel pain can be caused by plantar fascia inflammation and degeneration. Regular foot workouts combined with intensive massage by the best foot massager for diabetics, which applies firm pressure to the arch, may substantially reduce discomfort and even cure chronic disorders.5. Helps in the prevention of foot & ankle injuries
Massage of the foot with the best diabetic foot massager may help with joint discomfort and damage recovery, as well as reduce muscular tension. Massage, in conjunction with ankle and foot strengthening exercises and stretching, can assist in preventing future injuries and hastening recovery from present ones.
A quick session three to five times a week will ensure that the risk of injury is reduced to a minimum. We all make mistakes, but having a strong and flexible ankle and foot ensures that we avoid severe injuries.
Relaxation, increasing circulation, beneficial myofascial effects, releasing scar tissue at injectable sites, & lessening the effects of neuropathy all are great advantages for the diabetic client, which will help this individual live a normal, healthy life. Using an acupuncture foot roller may assist everyone, including children, teenagers, adults, as well as the elderly.Are you seeking a dependable foot massager for diabetics? Worry no more since Foot Log is here to assist you. Its outcome-based therapies rely heavily on the knowledge & skills of skilled experts. You may choose the therapies that are best for you at Foot Log. Our estheticians & therapists will handle everything & assist you in delivering the greatest results in the most customized & professional manner possible. Contact us right away.